Lead poisoning is a very dangerous condition that can have significant, long-term effects on those suffering from its symptoms. Being able to recognize the signs of lead poisoning can be critical in preventing continued exposure and providing access to treatment. If you or someone you know has these  signs of lead poisoning, contact a medical professional immediately.

Studies have shown lead poisoning in children can lead to:     

  • Learning challenges    
  • Developmental delay    
  • Loss of appetite, weight loss    
  • Fatigue/sluggishness    
  • Vomiting and stomach pain    
  • Hearing difficulty/loss    
  • Long-term challenges    
  • Changes in mood, emotion, behavior
  • And more!

For adults, symptoms and effects of lead poisoning can result in:

  • Joint and muscle pain    
  • Memory loss, “brain fog”    
  • Pregnancy complications    
  • Increased risk of Parkinson’s, Prostate Cancer, Legionnaire’s Disease   
  • Auto-immune disorders      
  • Fatigue/sluggishness    
  • Mood shifts/disorders    
  • Male reproductive issues    
  • Potential miscarriage or pre-term birth    
  • Skin, hair irritation
  • Additional, critical health concerns

It is important to note that the health challenges and symptoms suffered as a result of lead poisoning can be long-lasting due to the difficulty involved in purging the toxins from the body. For more information on the treatment of lead poisoning, click here.